1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction PMD: Shining Paradox

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Silver-the-Glaceon, Apr 28, 2024.

?

Should I keep writing this?

Poll closed May 5, 2024.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Absolutely NOT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Silver-the-Glaceon

Smile
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.5
    This is sort of a rewrite of an old story I had where the power scale of Pokémon was reversed, so Legendaries were weak and commonplace, but normal Pokémon had the power of the gods. (As well, one of the supporting characters is an Azelf, so no better place to rewrite this than Lake Valor) Advice and feedback will be GREATLY appreciated.

Prologue

Azelf was wandering around what seemed a desolate, abandoned place. They felt around, trying to fumble their way through the pitch-black darkness that engulfed the land. As they stumbled across, they saw a shimmer of blue light. It was a screen, filled with text. But it wasn't Unown. Azelf remembered seeing this type of text in the Crown Tundra, when it was in this reality. I can't translate this, Azelf thought. However, another screen, to the right of the first, activated. It was in Unown.

Entry 17
    It is almost done. We've discovered a way to extract powers from legendary Pokémon and give it to lesser Pokémon. Our first try will be on the Mythical Pokémon, Shaymin. Arceus seems to want us to try Shaymin's power on the Leafeon scientist who works with us, Xenith. Of course, our subsection leader doesn't agree with trying such a thing on a fellow scientist. We will see what comes next.

Azelf began to feel sick in the stomach. I think I know where I am now, but I don't want to believe it. Azelf found a piece of tin and slowly scratched it, setting it aflame. A lab. Everything is so deeply covered in dust that the once clean walls have turned a murky shade of gray, and slime and ooze drip from the ceiling and the surfaces. They shook their head. This isn't real. This lab shouldn't exist here. This reality is DIFFERENT from the others. Isn't it...?

They woke with a start. Azelf was in their village, as normal. A Riolu and a Mew were playing outside, and a Zeraora was sketching their friends with a stick of charcoal and a notepad, strung with rare Mareep fleece. They looked down to see they had fallen asleep in a chair at the cafe. The Mew called over. "Mx. Azelf! You okay? You've been asleep for like TEN MINUTES, and you just had three cups of COFFEE!!!" Azelf laughed. "I'm fine, Mew. What I'm going through is just old age!" They nervously tapped their hands on the table. I really hope what I saw was just a dream... and that humans have been gone for eons, and the power reversion was just Arceus's word.

The first chapter will come soon!
    (Also, Mx. isn't a typo. It's a real word non-binary people use for substitution to Mr./Mrs/Ms., in case you didn't already know.)

2. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I like the story concept and that's what counts the most. I haven't read much PMD, but this is really unique!
    As they say: Writing is Queen, but Concept is King

The writing is pretty good, but I would recommend you give Azelf a gender. In most stories, Azelf has a gender and it makes the writing flow much better. I know most Legendaries are technically genderless, but just putting in a gender makes the story easier to read.

Great start though, keep up the good work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Silver-the-Glaceon likes this.
  3. Silver-the-Glaceon

Smile
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.5
    Well, TBH, I just wrote 'they' at the beginning of the script over and over until it was just so overly tagged to the Azelf. I'm gonna change it soon enough.