1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ColsonOtis, May 2, 2024.

1. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    This is my first role play so bear with me...

I'm not that good at roleplaying, but I am good at making up stories so we'll see how this goes.

Introduction:
    For many years the Pokémon world has lived in peace and harmony. Though far from perfect, Pokémon from Kanto to Galar have lived quiet lives. (No Paldea since I don't know enough about it yet)

They did, that is, until one day when a strange darkness crept over the land. Little by little it slowly engulfed town after town, city after city. No one knew the origins of this darkness or who controlled it. All they knew was what it did to humans and Pokémon alike.

At first, there was no apparent change but little by little, the beings began to lose their emotions, their feelings, everything... until they were only corpses not dead, yet not alive...

The last hope for the Pokémon world lies in the legendary Pokémon that rule over it. The only to defeat the darkness is to discover its source and destroy it. No one knows where that source is, but there are rumors that a clue to the source lies in each region and it can only be found when all the clues are united.

To sign up:
    Character name:
    Character species: (A legendary or mythical Pokémon except for Arceus, Dialga, Palika, or Giratina. Try to take one that no one else has taken)
    Known moves:
    Inventory:
    Backstory:

This works a bit differently from normal role play as it will be more of a story. Feel free to provide any suggestions!

Taken Pokémon:
    Latios
    Rayquaza
    Shaymin

Character name: Lateo
    Character species: Latios
    Known moves: Luster Purge, Psychic, Dragon Claw, Steel Wing,
    Inventory: Mega Stone (Doesn't know how to use it yet)
    Backstory: Lateo is a wandering Latios from the Hoeen region. He doesn't know who his family is and has been living with other Pokémon for most of his life. When he hears about the spreading darkness, he is determined to fight for his home.

Roleplay will start once there are 3-4 people who have signed up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 2, 2024
    Last edited: May 6, 2024
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,697.9
    I understand you. I've written lots of stories too before I got into roleplaying. You need the ability to improvise.

Was thinking of playing as three characters (with the third one not legendary or mythical at all) which make up my PMD headcanon team. That okay?

3. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    Sure! As long as you can handle all three characters and make clear which one is doing an action or talking.

4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,697.9
    Okay! Let's try it.
    Name: Rayquaza
    Species: Rayquaza
    Moves: Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Ascent
    Inventory: Explorer's bag, Exploration Badge
    Bio: Having spent a lifetime guarding the atmosphere from within the ozone layer, Rayquaza also leads the exploration team Green Point (also known as Team GP) - with the most unlikely and smallest possible companion in a Shaymin while also taking up a Gardevoir apprentice. He has led occasional explorations but hasn't met with his team frequently due to his duties in guarding the skies while also mediating between Groudon and Kyogre in any dispute. During explorations, he leads his team with his firepower and incredible navigation skills. His ability to use Dragon Ascent is a secret that he has kept from everyone, knowing that it would transform him into something more powerful. While on one of his patrols, he detected a darkness spreading on the ground below, giving him cause to summon Team Green Point for help.
    Name: Gracidea
    Species: Shaymin
    Moves: Energy Ball, Seed Flare, Magical Leaf, Synthesis
    Inventory: Map and pencil
    Bio: Gracidea is a resident of the hidden Shaymin Village. She convinced Rayquaza to form an exploration team with her just in a chance meeting with him at the top of the Sky Peak. She has a very powerful intuition in surveying large expanses of land and translating them into usuable maps, and also has a natural ability to disable traps while on explorations. As a result she became essentially a support officer for Team Green Point, providing valuable intelligence on land masses as well as finding ways to generate income (something Evergreen loved to make use of). One secret she has yet to tell her companions about was that she could change into a different form if she was exposed to a Gracidea flower.
    Name: Evergreen
    Species: Gardevoir
    Moves: Magical Leaf, Psychic, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam
    Inventory: Explorer's scarf
    Bio: Evergreen is a fiercely independent Gardevoir, having lived with and been raised by her Trainer (and also best friend) Maria in Larousse City since she was a Ralts. She is even independent enough that she self-proclaimed herself to be her Trainer's guardian! And also has the unique ability to communicate with humans via telepathy. Her independence also meant she went out on excursions on her own (and at times has been mistaken for a human), which led her to joining Rayquaza's Team Green Point from time to time, and even trained under the legendary Pokémon. That is a secret she has kept from Maria, and she could only imagine the shock her Trainer would have if she knew about it.

Gummies are her favourite food, and she still resides in Larousse City with her Trainer.

5. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    @122 Generation
    Looks good!
    I'm unfamiliar with PMD so could you explain what the Explorer's bag, Exploration Badge, and Explorer's scarf are?

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,697.9
    No problem! At least in PMD Time/Darkness/Sky, the Explorer's bag holds all the team's items, the Exploration Badge is what allows the team to teleport themselves back to base or to rescue others, and the scarf is just a fashion accessory to show off exploration status (so they're not just any Pokémon).

7. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    Sounds good!
    I'll notify you when the RP starts!

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,045.4
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And here I am, contemplating whether I should just do Keldeo or also throw their masters in...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    I would go for just Keldeo, it's easier for me to keep track of.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,045.4
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, I hope this will work...

Keldemaru Name: Keldemaru (I was kinda tempted to name this guy d'Artagnan tho)
    Species: Keldeo
    Pronouns: He/him
    Moves:
    • Sacred Sword (Ordinary Form) or Secret Sword (Resolute Form)
      • Keldemaru alternates between these two moves depending on his current form
    • Bubble Beam
    • Aqua Jet
    • X-Scissor
    Inventory: (spoilering this part because I'll update the list over time and it can get quite long)
    TBA -- haven't even decided yet
    Backstory: Keldemaru hails from a forest in Unova -- what would be the Moor of Icirrus today. When said forest caught fire due to a war among humans, Keldemaru was separated from his parents. He was soon taken in by a certain trio who had previously evacuated the forest dwellers: Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion (still undecided on their names yet). These three also taught the Colt Pokémon everything he needed to survive while they were at it until he eventually left the nest (metaphorically since the Swords of Justice usually roam around the world).

As for Keldemaru's masters, I'm tentatively considering to throw at least one of them in. Will need to see how the story goes before doing so, however.

#10 May 13, 2024 at 8:54 AM
    Last edited: May 13, 2024 at 9:17 AM
  11. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,101.5
    Looks good!
    I'll let you know when we start!

P.S. I'm curious, where does the name Keldemaru come from? It kinda sounds like Togedemaru... and 'maru' means ball in Japanese...

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,045.4
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yay~ :D

That's... from Kelden's Japanese name -- Blake's Keldeo in PokeSpe. The Japanese version of PokeSpe has his team named with a part of their species names plus suffix -maru.